Technology Support Coordinator
(No Longer Accepting Applications)
Progressive Turnout Project seeks Technology Support Coordinator (2 positions available)
Start Date: 6/6/2022
End Date: 11/30/2022
Progressive Turnout Project (PTP) seeks applicants for the two Technology Support Coordinator roles for the 2022 election cycle who are passionate about supporting staff engaged in direct voter contact by managing technological resources and implementing processes that make our work possible. This position will be remote, with the option to be based out of our Chicago HQ if local, with the ability to work on EST or PST operating hours.
The Technology Support Coordinators will be responsible for all aspects of technology and application management, troubleshooting, and implementation for PTP’s Distributed and Relational Organizing programs; ensuring that all of our staff across key senate battleground states have the technology they need to succeed. This will include working directly with state and district level staff on a daily basis, driving and monitoring distribution of technological resources, training staff on cybersecurity and application best practices, and troubleshooting miscellaneous IT issues as they arise. The supervisory scope of this position includes the day-to-day management of IT logistics and workflows; this role does not have any direct supervision of staff. The Technology Support Coordinator, however, will have vast responsibilities overseeing the overall logistics required for distribution, management, and implementation of technology resources to all Distributed and Relational staff, which will be up to 200 part-time community mobilizers per city and approximately 400 field representatives per state in key Senate battleground states across the country.
The Technology Support Coordinator’s sole focus will be on the technology side of this project; this position does not include the strategic design of the Organizing programs, which has already been completed by our Data department, or real time strategic decisions, which will be directly informed by data and decided on by executive leadership. The duties of this position are subject to modification in response to program or organizational needs.
From the initial date of hire through August 1st, 2022, the Technology Support Coordinators will work a Monday through Friday schedule. Beginning August 1st, 2022 through November 30, 2022, the Technology Support Coordinators schedules will transition to either a Tuesday to Saturday or a Wednesday to Sunday schedule in order to support our field representatives' direct voter contact work. On-Call hours outside of core working hours may be required. The Technology Support Coordinator will report to the Technology Logistics Manager.
This position is eligible for benefits, including employer-sponsored health, dental, and vision insurance, FSA, 401(k), student loan repayment assistance, public transportation stipend (for HQ-based staff), paid time off, and paid holidays.
There are no formal education requirements for this position. People of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
- Learn and apply our organizational values to foster a strong culture based on trust and mutual respect
- Responsible for overseeing all aspects of technology and application management, system configuration, and user implementation for all Distributed and Relational program staff
- Lead the process for implementing training guides and leading training sessions on applications and IT best practices across varying operating systems
- Drive the identification and debugging of technical issues, research solutions, seek help, and resolve problems with clear communication.
- Proactively identify, actively manage, and aggressively track all risks and issues that arise from the technology supply chain, utilizing multiple sources of data and stakeholders to resolve complex problems
- Communicate daily with in-state leaders on both the Distributed and Relational Organizing teams for the purpose of receiving status updates and providing guidance where needed, and communicate effectively with executive leadership
- Understand, implement, and utilize systems for disseminating important information effectively and efficiently to both the Distributed and Relational Organizing teams
- The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned
Qualifications (You will be a good fit if):
- You have 1+ years experience of technology logistics and supply chain work that has advanced organizations abilities to support staff
- You have 2+ year of customer facing technology support experience
- You are committed to establishing a culture of community and respect in the workplace, and contribute to the development of best practices
- You have a proven record of managing successful technology programs or projects across multiple functions and locations, utilizing your expertise to resolve issues in challenging and complex situations
- You are calm and collected in highly-pressurized situations when there is a need to resolve high priority issues, bringing stakeholders together, and working through the issues with grit and a solutions-oriented approach
- You have strong data analysis and problem-solving skills, and are able to accurately generate, explain, and present detailed schedules, objectives reports, and other documentation
- You have exceptional written, verbal, and presentation skills that you have used to communicate to a diverse set of audiences
- You’re able to assist in training and troubleshooting across mobile and desktop devices
- You’re proficient in Apple and/or Android technology and software products and operating systems and G Suite products (Gmail, Calendar, Drive, etc)
- Must be physically located near operable wifi or internet connection during regularly scheduled working hours and on-call hours
Preferred Qualifications (Not Required):
- You are fluent in Spanish
- You have experience in political campaigns or issue advocacy in either a paid or volunteer capacity
- You are proficient in Microsoft office or VAN (especially list building, turf cutting, monitoring canvass results, and managing MiniVAN users)
- You have Slack, Discord, Zoom, or other communication platform administrative experience
- You have experience with cyber security best practices such as security-key 2FA, email filtering solutions, Google Workspace security configuration, email authentication systems.
Questions about the position may be directed to email@example.com.
Progressive Turnout Project is dedicated to mobilizing the Democratic Party and defending democracy. Since 2015, Progressive Turnout Project has helped 137 Democrats win races and increased voter turnout in elections by up to 10.4%. Our voter turnout initiatives are solely focused on motivating Democrats to exercise their right to vote. All our work at Progressive Turnout Project is to build power for the long term. Through data-driven research, we design, test, and deploy specialized voter turnout programs. We’re here to share resources, implement strategy and offer our expertise for the advancement of Democrats (and democracy itself), cycle after cycle.
Progressive Turnout Project is committed to building a staff that reflects the diverse communities that make up our country and the progressive movement. PTP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and it is PTP’s policy to recruit, hire, train, promote, and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to age, color, creed, disability, economic status, ethnic identity, gender identity, national origin race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veterans status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
This opportunity is closed to applications.