Regional Volunteer Coordinator
Progressive Turnout Project seeks Regional Volunteer Coordinator
Salary: $52,000 - $72,801
Start Date: 9/6/22 or earlier
End Date: 11/30/2022
Progressive Turnout Project (PTP) seeks applicants for the Regional Volunteer Coordinator role for the 2022 election cycle who are passionate about organizing volunteer opportunities in our communities to support direct voter contact across multiple key Senate battleground states, likely including Arizona, Georgia, Nevada, New Hampshire, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin. This position will be remote and must have the ability to work on PST or MST operating hours.
Reporting to the National Distributed Organizing Director, the Regional Volunteer Coordinators will be responsible for managing and coordinating all aspects of volunteer engagement work for PTP’s Distributed and Relational Organizing program. This will include conducting outreach to partner organizations in states within their assigned geographic region and coordinating both distributed and relational volunteer opportunities leading up to Election Day. The Regional Volunteer Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating all aspects of volunteer engagement- conducting outreach to partner organizations, providing them with either the distributed or relational tools they need to contact voters within their own networks or in their communities, holding remote live training sessions, and providing them with any additional support or resources they need.
This position will ideally be based within a program state, or at minimum, have the ability to work an alternative schedule (Wednesday through Sunday) and operate on either PST or MST in order to support volunteer efforts being carried out in program states. As such, some travel may be required within this greater geographic area from the launch of the program through Election Day. The duties of this position are subject to modification in response to program or organizational needs.
This position is eligible for benefits, including employer-sponsored health, dental, and vision insurance, FSA, 401(k), student loan repayment assistance, public transportation stipend (for HQ-based staff), paid time off, and paid holidays.
There are no formal education requirements for this position. People of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
- Learn and apply our organizational values to foster a strong culture based on trust and mutual respect
- Collaborate with PTP’s National Distributed Organizing Director, National Relational Organizing Director, Data Director and other program staff to implement the 2022 Volunteer Organizing program within your designated geographic region
- Conduct outreach to partner organizations in states within their assigned region that typically search for ways to engage in voter contact during an election cycle (local university alumni groups, College Democrats, civic organizations, etc.)
- Provide information to partner organizations about PTP’s Distributed and Relational Organizing volunteer opportunities, how they can get involved, and work with them to set up volunteer “Day of Action” events within your designated geographic region
- Hold remote live training sessions that teaches volunteers about local voting rules, helps to refine their personal story about why they are engaged in getting out the vote, and will teach them how to utilize PTP’s app-based canvassing and relational organizing technology
- Provide partner organizations with any additional tools and resources they need to be successful in their direct voter contact efforts
- Following safety protocols for COVID, travel as needed to program cities to deliver resources and materials to participating partner organizations conducting voter contact, gain on-the-ground insight into program execution, and assist in any start-up logistics as needed
- Provide regular daily reports (quantifiably and quantitatively) regarding program progress to the National Distributed Organizing and National Relational Organizing Directors
- Under the direction of the Data Director, assist in monitoring the integrity of our data systems to ensure our data received from volunteer efforts meet the highest standards
- Utilize systems to measure and track direct voter contact progress, audit partner organization’s data, and commit data after each volunteer event
- Conduct Field Representative interviews and Community Mobilizer interviews and candidate follow-up as needed for the general Distributed and Relational programs
- Participate in a deep-dive debrief of program after Election Day to provide recommendations for any potential future iterations of the program
- The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned
Qualifications (You will be a good fit if):
- You have 2+ years of experience in conducting volunteer recruitment and outreach and/or organizing volunteer programs
- You have 1+ cycle of political and/or outreach experience (as paid staff or a volunteer) that has contributed to positive team culture, strong community ties or outreach
- You are committed to establishing a culture of community and respect both within the workplace and within our voter communities, and contributing to the development of best practices
- You have a proven record of contributing to successful projects, juggling multiple competing priorities, and supporting high functioning teams remotely
- You have a solutions-oriented approach to challenges yet are comfortable asking questions and receiving feedback or guidance
- You have a team-player mentality and genuinely enjoy talking to people and building relationships
- You have exceptional written, verbal, and presentation skills that you have used to communicate to a diverse set of audiences
- You’re proficient in G Suite Products (Gmail, Calendar, Drive, etc) and VAN (especially list building, turf cutting, monitoring canvass results, and managing MiniVAN users)
- Must be physically located near operable wifi or internet connection during regularly scheduled working hours and on-call hours
Preferred Qualifications (Not Required):
- You are fluent in Spanish
- You are proficient in Microsoft Office
- You reside within a program state or are able to travel to program areas
Questions about the position may be directed to email@example.com.
Progressive Turnout Project is dedicated to mobilizing the Democratic Party and defending democracy. Since 2015, Progressive Turnout Project has helped 137 Democrats win races and increased voter turnout in elections by up to 10.4%. Our voter turnout initiatives are solely focused on motivating Democrats to exercise their right to vote. All our work at Progressive Turnout Project is to build power for the long term. Through data-driven research, we design, test, and deploy specialized voter turnout programs. We’re here to share resources, implement strategy and offer our expertise for the advancement of Democrats (and democracy itself), cycle after cycle.
Progressive Turnout Project is committed to building a staff that reflects the diverse communities that make up our country and the progressive movement. PTP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and it is PTP’s policy to recruit, hire, train, promote, and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to age, color, creed, disability, economic status, ethnic identity, gender identity, national origin race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veterans status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
This opportunity is closed to applications.