State Interviewing Coordinator
Progressive Turnout Project seeks State Interviewing Coordinator
Location: Remote or HQ (Chicago)
Salary: $52,000 - $72,800
Start Date: 08/01/2022
End Date: 11/30/2022
Progressive Turnout Project (PTP) seeks applicants for the State Interviewing Coordinator role to operationalize and streamline the recruitment, vetting, and interviewing process for the Relational and Distributed Organizing Programs across 1 of our multiple key Senate battleground states: Arizona, Georgia, Nevada, New Hampshire, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin.
The State Interviewing Coordinator will be responsible for implementing and overseeing the application, online vetting, and interview process of contractors in their assigned state(s). This includes collaborating with the state directors for the Relational Organizing Program, Distributed Organizing Program, and Onboarding team, to put systems in place to track, evaluate, and interview contractor candidates within an intense, quickly-moving program. Depending on the state, the 2 programs will ultimately scale up to an expected total of 1,714 hired contractors. All members of the interviewing team will be primarily responsible for conducting interviews with candidates, as well as coordinating the interviews for other assigned interviewers from the Relational and Distributed teams.
Due to the immense numbers of contractors we plan to bring on, this role must be incredibly organized, detail-oriented, and take initiative to make sure expectations and outputs are aligned. This position reports to the National Interviewing Manager and the duties of this role are subject to modification in response to program or organizational needs.
This position is eligible for benefits, including employer-sponsored health, dental, and vision insurance, FSA, 401(k), student loan repayment assistance, paid time off, and paid holidays.
There are no formal education requirements for this position. People of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
- Learn and apply our organizational values to foster a strong culture based on trust and mutual respect
- Learn and become an expert in our ATS and interviewing process
- Coordinate and track the interviewing process in your assigned state in collaboration with the interviewing and program teams for 2 distinct programs
- Ensure interviewing staff (both PTP staff and contract interviewers) have the resources and training needed to run a smooth interview process for every candidate
- Troubleshoot and resolve any challenges faced by interviewers for your state
- Maintain strong relationships with in-state leaders and organizers to implement the online vetting process, to ensure all candidates are fully and properly vetted in an efficient manner
- Ensure accurate and timely evaluations of back-to-back interviews for dozens of interviewers and thousands of candidates, including providing clear workflows for interviewers to follow up with no-show candidates, to find answers to FAQs, and to clearly document evaluations and progress or reject candidates
- Provide regular reports regarding interviewing progress to goal and recommendations for real time changes to improve outcome, including interviews completed vs expected to complete, updates to pain points in the contractor pipelines
- Conduct Community Mobilizer and Field Representative interviews
- Following safety protocols for COVID, travel to program cities to oversee key program milestones and gain on-the-ground insight into interviewing and onboarding implementation
- Ensure a proper and timely offboarding for contractors, including assisting with final payment logistics and conducting exit interviews
- The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned
Qualifications (You will be a good fit if):
- You have 2+ years of experience planning and implementing complex hiring pipelines, focused on workflows, interviewing, online vetting, and onboarding
- You have one or more cycles of political or electoral experience, either in a paid capacity or volunteer leadership capacity
- You are committed to establishing a culture of community and respect in the workplace, and contributing to the development of best practices
- You have a proven record of managing successful projects and know how to develop and implement processes to keep all key success metrics on track
- You are cool under pressure and are not intimidated by a metric-driven plan such as coordinating the completion of thousands of interviews under a strict deadline
- You are willing to travel occasionally to program cities and PTP HQ for team meetings
- You are able to look at the big picture and are determined to work through issues with grit and a solutions-oriented approach -- all the while knowing who to keep in the loop and when
- You consistently deliver solutions in a creative and imaginative manner while setting a standard for others
- You have exceptional written, verbal, and presentation skills that you have used to communicate to a diverse set of audiences
- You’re proficient in G Suite Products (Gmail, Calendar, Drive, etc)
Preferred Qualifications (Not Required):
- You are fluent in Spanish
- You learning new technologies quickly while utilizing them to complete important, mission critical tasks
Questions about the position may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Progressive Turnout Project is dedicated to mobilizing the Democratic Party and defending democracy. Since 2015, Progressive Turnout Project has helped 137 Democrats win races and increased voter turnout in elections by up to 10.4%. Our voter turnout initiatives are solely focused on motivating Democrats to exercise their right to vote. All our work at Progressive Turnout Project is to build power for the long term. Through data-driven research, we design, test, and deploy specialized voter turnout programs. We’re here to share resources, implement strategy and offer our expertise for the advancement of Democrats (and democracy itself), cycle after cycle.
Progressive Turnout Project is committed to building a staff that reflects the diverse communities that make up our country and the progressive movement. PTP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and it is PTP’s policy to recruit, hire, train, promote, and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to age, color, creed, disability, economic status, ethnic identity, gender identity, national origin race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veterans status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
This opportunity is closed to applications.