Field Representative Organizer
Progressive Turnout Project seeks Field Representative Organizers
Location: Must reside within AZ, GA, NH, NV, NC, PA, WI
Salary: $41,600 - $52,000
Start Date: 9/12/2022
End Date: 11/30/2022
Progressive Turnout Project (PTP) seeks applicants for the Field Representative Organizer role who will be responsible for supporting a team of field representatives in their distributed organizing efforts within one of our program states of Arizona, Georgia, New Hampshire, Nevada, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, or Wisconsin during the 2022 midterm election cycle. This program will be modeled off of prior campaigns that have tried this form of organizing in past cycles including Beto O’Rourke’s 2018 campaign in Texas and Elizabeth Warren’s efforts in the 2020 presidential primaries.
Reporting to the State Distributed Organizing Director, the Field Representative Organizer will be responsible for implementing and supporting the Distributed Organizing program’s efforts in their program state ahead of the 2022 midterm election. This role will act as the point of contact and conduit of information between state leadership and our teams on-the-ground, assisting in ensuring programmatic goals are being met at every part of the process (recruitment, interviews, onboarding, auditing and committing data in miniVAN, and persistent follow-up throughout) and that our Field Representatives have everything they need to be successful in their voter contact work. The Field Representative Organizer will be the point of contact for dozens of Field Representatives, helping them navigate our canvassing tech tool, answering questions about voting and other topics, providing them with literature and resources as needed, all while ensuring they are hitting their contractual obligations along the way. Ultimately, this role will play a critical part in supporting up to 300 field representatives per state in key Senate battleground states across the country during the final weeks of the 2022 election.
This position will be based in one of our targeted regions within a program state for our distributed organizing efforts. As such, some travel may be required within this greater geographic area from the launch of the program, through Election Day, and afterwards for distribution of payment to the field representatives. The duties of this position are subject to modification in response to program or organizational needs.
This position is eligible for benefits, including employer-sponsored health, dental, and vision insurance, FSA, 401(k), student loan repayment assistance, public transportation stipend (for HQ-based staff), paid time off, and paid holidays.
There are no formal education requirements for this position. People of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
- Apply our organizational values (grit, excellence, community, innovation and inclusion) with a commitment to understanding the ways that race and other identities intersect in this work, especially within the communities we serve.
- Under the supervision of PTP’s State Distributed Organizing Director and in collaboration with program staff, you will be responsible for implementing the 2022 Distributed Organizing program in your designated state through your work in, but not limited to, the following areas:
- Recruitment and Onboarding: Work with the team to recruit, vet, interview and onboard up to 300 Field Representatives within your program state
- Teaching and Support: Participate in leading orientations to ensure that Field Representatives understand their role, are able to use the technology, and are ready to knock on doors
- Engagement and Troubleshooting: With clarity and compassion, respond and support Field Representatives by troubleshooting any questions or concerns, providing motivation and a sense of community, and working through any problems that arise
- Quality Control and Offboarding – audit and commit data using miniVAN Manager to ensure data integrity, completion of turf assignments, and confirm payroll data
- Following safety protocols for COVID, travel as needed to program cities to deliver resources and materials to Field Representatives, gain on-the-ground insight into program execution, and assist in offboarding logistics
- The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned
Qualifications (You will be a good fit if):
- You have 1+ cycle of political and/or outreach experience (as paid staff or a volunteer) that has contributed to positive team culture, strong community ties or outreach
- You have exceptional written, verbal, and presentation skills that you have used to communicate to a diverse set of audiences
- You’re proficient in G-Suite Products (Google Docs, Google Meet, Gmail, Calendar, Drive, etc)
- You’re proficient in VAN (specifically list building, turf cutting, monitoring canvass results, and managing MiniVAN users)
- You reside within a program state
Nice-to-Haves (Not Required):
- You are fluent in Spanish
- You have experience using Impactive or similar technology
Questions about the position may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Progressive Turnout Project is dedicated to mobilizing the Democratic Party and defending democracy. Since 2015, Progressive Turnout Project has helped 137 Democrats win races and increased voter turnout in elections by up to 10.4%. Our voter turnout initiatives are solely focused on motivating Democrats to exercise their right to vote. All our work at Progressive Turnout Project is to build power for the long term. Through data-driven research, we design, test, and deploy specialized voter turnout programs. We’re here to share resources, implement strategy and offer our expertise for the advancement of Democrats (and democracy itself), cycle after cycle.
Progressive Turnout Project is committed to building a staff that reflects the diverse communities that make up our country and the progressive movement. PTP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and it is PTP’s policy to recruit, hire, train, promote, and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to age, color, creed, disability, economic status, ethnic identity, gender identity, national origin race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veterans status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
This opportunity is closed to applications.